Saturday, January 14, 2023

Weekly Update - 2022-01-13

 This has been a busy week with a big project at work, my wife starting a new term in her Theater Ed program, and her attending a Theater Conference where she taught a class on using RPGs to develop characters in theater. Needless to say, this has bit into all of my gaming activities.

What I'm reading

As part of my Dungeon 23 interest, I've been going through Cyclical Dungeon Generation and Jaquaying [sic] The Dungeon, combing for ideas. I really like both concepts, and I'm trying to find a good way of interleaving them. 

I'm following a few Dungeon23 aggregators and the hashtag on Twitter. There are so many great maps and rooms being posted. Eg., this one. And of course, Dyson is getting into the acttwice 

I also found an old post about Downtime - Finding the Right Buyer, which is based on Ben L's Downtime in Zyan.  I'm going to be integrating this into my current AD&D campaign and the OSE (probably) campaign I'm planning to replace it.  It has a nice table of complications. I added a set of benefits to go along with it:

d8Description
1The buyer pays an extra 20%-50% (1d4+1) for this sale.
2The sale gives the seller(s) an extra step on their renown tracker
3The sale embarrasses a rival party who was publicly seeking the item.
4The buyer becomes a new Relationship
5The sale embarrasses the rival of an NPC the seller has a relationship with.
6The sale adds a step on a tracker for an institution the seller has a relationship with or starts a new tracker for an institution for the seller if they don't already have one.
7The seller may take an extra Revelry downtime action as a part of selling or celebrating the sale of the item.
8The buyer also provides a scenario hook.

 I play a lot of podcasts and youtube stuff in the background. This week a really enjoyed getting back into some Monster Man - my only complaint is that after almost every episode, I want to start a brand new campaign to riff on James' ideas. I also like the new episodes of 3d6 Down the Line's Arden Vul play-through and The Dungeon Minister's family BECMI game recaps.

What I'm writing and drawing

I'm about 1/2 way through the base maps for Fettered Factory. I've still got to label them and do a bit more cleanup. Each map is being done in a DM's map with labels, secret doors, and the like, and a player-facing map that can be used in the VTT of the DM's choice. 

I'm plugging away at Dungeon23. You can read this week's update here.

What I'm playing, running, and planning

Due to work constraints, we only played our Wednesday game this week. We managed to defeat the wraith and take our prisoner to the authorities who'd hired us to find her. I'm looking forward to figuring out who she's working for as we work our way up the food chain of a conspiracy that seems aimed at bringing down the kingdom where the game is set.

No comments:

Post a Comment