Saturday, January 7, 2023

Week of 2023-01-07

 This has been a busy week, getting back from vacation, diving into my new job, and suffering through a cold with my wife.  We've come out to the other end, feeling better and looking forward to 2023. I hope y'all had a great holiday season and feel good about heading into the new year.

What I'm reading

As I ramp up in my new job, my free time to read, watch, and listen to stuff is suffering. I have been enjoying Zedeck's Dungeon23 cohost, and the latest podcast from The Gauntlet, The Darkened Threshold.

 I grabbed David Schirduan's birthday gift to the world, Overpowered Solo Roleplaying, which looks like a really fun time. As soon as I find a half hour that's not otherwise spoken for, I'm going to give this a try in U1, U2, and U3.

What I'm writing and drawing

I'm still working on maps for Fettered Factory. This has been moving more slowly than I'd hoped, but it is moving. 

I'm also working on a daily entry for #Dungeon23. I'll put weekly-ish updates here.

What I'm playing, running, and planning

I loved my regular Wednesday (player) and Thursday (DM) games. 

On Wednesday, we hightailed it back to the town of Ila with a prisoner but were cut off by a pack of wild dogs that held us in place until a wraithlike being caught up to us and attacked. At first, the wraith held the upper hand, but a series of lucky strikes turned the tables and by the end of the session, we had it on the ropes. 

On Thursday, the players made their way through the "back door" tunnel into the Forbidden City. They found a shrine to a snake-woman with 6 arms, then stole a set of canoes to cross an underground lake. As they paddled along, they were attacked by a group of crocs. The reptiles tipped one canoe, but the spell casters made short work of them before anyone suffered significant damage. One of the warriors who had gone overboard saw wreckage and treasure at the bottom of the lake, but our session ended before the party could investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment